Autumn is just around the corner and winter is not further away. How Starks of Winterfell in the Game of Thrones Keep repeating: “Winter is coming”! Well, winter surely arrives in this factual world every year, so it makes sense to be well equipped with the most important makeup elements for winter and some practical makeup ideas so that you can look good despite the weather! In this post, we’re going to focus on a few things that your winter makeup kit contains! We also discuss some makeup / blemishes to avoid and provide you with amazing makeup ideas and picture tutorials in the gallery below!
Winter makeup Basics
Here is a list of the basic things to put in your winter makeup bag to protect your skin from the extremes of mercury drops, cool winds, sudden hail storms, and all kinds of rainfall that the winter season brings with it . The weather stays extremely dry in the cold months, so it’s important to keep an eye on hydration – both for your skin and for your hair! (Also drink plenty of fluids, because good nutrition is the best skin care!) The list also contains some tips for applying makeup in winter!
- Blush creamy formula
- Liquid matte lipsticks
- Moisturizing chapstick
- The strong red lipstick gives color to the winter landscapes
- Oil mask for hair
- Dusty Pink Palette – Winter Rose is a favorite color for sports
- Deep moisturizing balm
- Filling cream
- Waterproof makeup products!
- Go for dramatic intense colors for lips / eyes
- Try subtle highlights instead of a shiny look
- Pressed powder prevents flaking and holds makeup in place
- Dewy or Satin Foundation
- Tinted moisturizer
Winter Beauty Mistakes to Avoid
In a nutshell, here are some pointers to some of the winter grooming, beauty, and makeup mistakes that should be avoided:
- Long hot showers make the skin dry
- Soap-based foam cleaner drains the skin
- Waxy scented balm is not good! Opt for viscous lip balms to protect the lips
- Frosted eyeshadow will keep you looking washed out in winter or fall – try evergreen metallic bronzes
- Avoid summer bronze – apply a bronzer that is no more than a shade darker than your natural skin tone
- Applying foundation on flaky skin is a huge makeup mistake. Instead, exfoliate the skin and moisturize it with a deep moisturizer at night – then you can apply makeup the next day!
Now that all of these tips and important things are pointed out and noted down, start browsing the gallery for some crazy good winter makeup ideas!