The trench coat is a staple of the winter wardrobe. It can add style and class to any clothing with ease. You can style your coat in a variety of ways by dressing it up with the right clothes and fitting it with shoes, bags, and jewelry. There are different types of trench coats. Some are even equipped with a cannon flap to keep rainwater out. Remember that the key to looking gorgeous in a trench coat is choosing one that suits the structure of your body and pairing it with the right accessories. Otherwise, you could cause a fashion disaster. Here are some ideas on how to wear a trench coat without looking scary in the biting cold winter months.
How do I wear a trench coat in style?
- Wear your plush H&M trench coat with the belt tied at the back to flaunt your stylish shift dress.
- For a relaxed look, tie your trench coat forward with a simple knot and combine it with a sweater and jeans.
- Make a bold fashion statement in a pastel, navy, or burgundy trench coat and knee high boots.
- If you have a petite figure, make sure your trench coat is knee length.
- Busty women should avoid wearing a double-breasted trench coat.
- Take the look of the trench coat off at an evening party by pairing it with a short lace party dress and heels.
Best trench coats for women for 2017-2018 styling
- Icon trench coat by J.Crew
- Waterproof coat from Zara
- Ted Baker trench coat with a flared skirt
- Double-breasted trench coat by Calvin Klein
- Classy trench coat with storm flap by Gap
- Swing trench coat by Everlane
- Relaxed double-breasted trench coat from Topshop
- Long Kensington style trench coat from Burberry
Give our unique fur styling ideas a new look by combining them with different combinations of outfits. The gallery here has excellent options for wearing a trench coat.